[Date Prev][Date Next]
Replicate translucent ldap
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Replicate translucent ldap
- From: Zoli Szemelyesen <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 17:20:48 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=2nyzVTaUmzUnbb0o8cGdIAEnBXUj4xBpTtOLv3tpwtY=; b=GtkdFSFysJaCpC5WBFwz5aHlIbGqL1dnqWvXAjI+e3Y4WCLmWiak755BMNU5ta+bc2 YPhiODS/MW05vChCw/vfbxAg8p1ipV+1d1MLaFKPZN792baVSSHRa13ckBCWcLku0D1r ZmbMeflfoty+NNgvJlw/IQlCNGiiw2qy3BpfqPcR4UCLDlWCFCxN0qhicxn8Xyi5oDLJ wGDY7GNGYgAepbAI5xLZnHb5H81gn2ne9FEHGH3/l8LNbqe2lliM5wxiztCpAGtTU48E CLsPNFsx5I+Kcl7frf3D+qo+4oy6clU4qEamcQFNtNd7BAwWEEJ0MxFZha0LWs0Qg7lG RzmA==
I have an unusual setup and would like to hear opinions about it.
We have an AD in a central office. I have to replicate an ou portion of it once a day to a remote location. (Using the remote AD is technically not an option here and a daily update is sufficient.)
I add new attributes locally in a translucent setup. These attributes are used only locally and meddling with the AD is not an option either.
Access to this is ok, but I need to have copies of the overlayed ldap. (Reasons: Local redundancy is important to keep SLA with automated systems using ldap and also have another local office nearby with slow/bad connection so a local copy is needed there as well).
Reading docs and googling around I couldn't find a good and working solution for the local copies.
- Doing dumps and copy them over could work but it's a crappy solution imho.
- Replicating the 'AD portion' and the local db separately and doing 'local overlay' on the backup nodes might work but I'd prefer to use an already set up db instead of dynamically rebuild it in multiple locations).
- Doing 'classic' replication is not possible afaik.
Ideas or experience with similar scenario?
Thanks in advance