Re: cn=monitor issues.

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:44 AM -0500 MÃnico BriseÃo
<monico.briseno@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, there. I have installed ldap in Ubuntu 12.04. I decided to use
cn=monitor. I added that line in the slap.conf script. I stopped and
started the slpad deamon. After that I typed the following command:
ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com' -W \ -b 'cn=monitor' -s
base '(objectClass=*)' '*' '+'

However, I don't see nothing related with cn=monitor.

What did I do wrong?

The second thing is likely that you modified slapd.conf, which isn't used by
Ubuntu anymore, as it has moved to the newer slapd-config backend.  You would
want to use ldapmodify to add the monitor backend.

I guess using "-s base" is one fault because monitor information is spread over many entries in the subtree.

Also one has to check whether ACLs permit read access to the whole subtree beneath cn=Monitor.

Ciao, Michael.