Re: ldap syncrepl issue.

--On Friday, July 12, 2013 10:37 PM +0530 Ashok Kumar Shah <ashok.shah@flipkart.com> wrote:

Is there a way to reliable determine whether ldap slave is in sync with
master? Currently i am using ContextCSN diff between master and slave to
determine the lag.

Well, you don't mention what version of OpenLDAP you are using, but I'd suggest using the most current release for starters if you aren't. You can read over the change logs to see the various fixes to MMR:

<http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html>

Also, I personally prefer to use delta-syncrepl for replication. It takes less overhead, and I've found it to be quite reliable.

I use the CSNs to determine if they are in sync as well.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.