Re: RHEL 6.3 /Openldap-2.4.35

--On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 12:41 PM -0400 "Darouichi, Aziz" <adarouic@post03.curry.edu> wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to compile Openldap-2.4.35 on RHEL 6.3  to enable SSL/TLS
and I get  the following error:

-configure: WARNING: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

-configure: WARNING: TLS data protection not supported!

-          I installed openssl-1.0.1e

-          gnutls-2.8.6

-          libgcrypt-1.5.2

-          libgpg-error-1.8

Why are you linking to GnuTLS? You want a broken TLS implementation that is insecure?

Sane builds link to OpenSSL.

If you are not able to build OpenLDAP yourself for RHEL6, I would suggest you use the LTB packages, which sanely link to OpenSSL:

<http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap>

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.