Re: Design of assertion control filter

On Mon, 10 Jun 2013, Dieter KlÃnter wrote:
> Now a search with assertion control allways shows error 122
>
> ldapsearch -YEXTERNAL -e assert='l=Tombstone'-H ldapi:///
> -b "cn=Billy Kid,ou=tombstone,o=avci,c=de" -s base sn l

You left out the space between the assertion control and the -H.  As a
result, "ldapi:///" was taken as an attribute to return and the assertion
filter was "l=Tombstone-H", which will obviously fail.

This isn't just a typo in your email, as can be seen here:

> # requesting: ldapi:/// sn l

> The same applies to an extended assertion filter
> ldapsearch -YEXTERNAL -e assert='l:caseExactmatch:=Tombstone'
> -H ldapi:/// -b "cn=Billy Kid,ou=tombstone,o=avci,c=de" -s base sn l
>
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 122 Assertion Failed
>
> What is wrong with this assertion filter?

You don't show the full output so I can't tell whether you made the same
typo there, but assertions like that work for me with OpenLDAP 2.4.35

Philip Guenther