Per User Search Limits

I have done some searching, and have been unable to come up with a solution/answer...

I'm looking for a way to change the server side search limits on a per user basis.  Currently, if we want to maintain global search result limit, it appears that we are required to use the administrator account to bypass the search result limit.  Is there any way to enable a user to bypass the search limit?  We have a few service accounts that we have created, which we would like to be able to bypass this limit, while still enforcing it for standard users and anonymous.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We're using the olc configuration file format as well, if that matters.

--
Jason K. Brandt
Systems Administrator