Re: run test suite separately from the source code compilation?

On 06/06/2013 06:02 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Meike Stone wrote:

If your purpose is to test the distribution's builds,
Yes, that's is my intention.

you can surely
download the corresponding OpenLDAP source code, build it, replace
slapd and
slap* tools in BUILDDIR/servers/slapd with those provided by the
distribution, and run the tests using "make test" or "cd tests; ./run
testXXX" where XXX is the number of the test you need.

Ahh,  that sounds great, I'll check that!

As I note in my previous email, it's not as simple as that, unless you
build your source tree with exactly the same configure options as the
package you want to test against.

Right, but for most of the tests (especially if cherry-picked) it should work. On a related note, in tests/scripts/defines.sh we define

SLAPD="$TESTWD/../servers/slapd/slapd -s0"
LDAPPASSWD="$CLIENTDIR/ldappasswd $TOOLARGS"
LDAPSASLSEARCH="$CLIENTDIR/ldapsearch $TOOLPROTO $LDAP_TOOLARGS -LLL"
LDAPSEARCH="$CLIENTDIR/ldapsearch $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS -LLL"
LDAPRSEARCH="$CLIENTDIR/ldapsearch $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS"
LDAPDELETE="$CLIENTDIR/ldapdelete $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS"
LDAPMODIFY="$CLIENTDIR/ldapmodify $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS"
LDAPADD="$CLIENTDIR/ldapmodify -a $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS"
LDAPMODRDN="$CLIENTDIR/ldapmodrdn $TOOLPROTO $TOOLARGS"
LDAPWHOAMI="$CLIENTDIR/ldapwhoami $TOOLARGS"
LDAPCOMPARE="$CLIENTDIR/ldapcompare $TOOLARGS"
LDAPEXOP="$CLIENTDIR/ldapexop $TOOLARGS"

by hacking those macros one could avoid copying or creating symlinks.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
Associate Professor