Re: how to take hot backup of MDB ...

Hi Sanjay

e.g   /opt/symas/bin/mdb_copy   /openldap-data  /backup/

syntax:- mdb_copy      /<db-dir>     /<backup destination>

You only need   data.mdb file.  We are having very big db size(about 500Gb)  and we never face any problem with backup.
lock.mdb is not required.

You can simply copy back data.mdb to your db directory for restoration and it will work like magic.