Re: Help with first immersion into LDAP

On 05/03/13Â12:17Â+0000, ÅerÃch Jakub wrote:
Dear group,

I would like to ask you for the little help with the newbie first
immersion into LDAP. The problem is, that I need to build LDAP proxy, that
will connect information from two MS ADs into one meta LDAP. But all the
beginers tutorials start from the building of the new fresh LDAP database
on the server, so it's very hard for me to catch the first clues...

My situation:
Debian with openLDAP and two Microsoft Win2008 servers with AD. The commands from Linux server:
ldapsearch -x -H ldap://192.168.0.10 -D "ldap-user" -w password -b "ou=studenti,dc=student,dc=intra"
and
ldapsearch -x -H ldap://192.168.100.5 -D "ldap-user" -w password -b "dc=panska,dc=intra"

are fully functional and returning the results I need.

But when I try to config openLDAP server just to play role of proxy
between the client and AD server it is not working and I cannot find why.
One of my attempts to set ldap.conf:

loglevel 255
database ldap
suffix  "ou=studenti,dc=student,dc=intra"
uri     "ldap://192.168.0.10/";

binddn  "name=ldap-user"
bindpw  password

Your binddn does not match your -D option above. Regardless, ldap.conf is
the wrong configuration file to configure slapd with. ldap.conf is used to
configure the openldap client libraries and utilities (such as ldapsearch).

See the OpenLDAP Administrator's Guide for configuration details.
Specifically Chapters 5 and 11 (11.2).

Also, you can type 'apropos slap' to see a list of slapd related man pages.

--
Dan White