Re: Debian Squeeze: Slapd subtree disappears, but ldapsearch finds it | unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region

--On Wednesday, May 01, 2013 3:59 PM -0400 Christopher Wood <christopher_wood@pobox.com> wrote:

How do people with generic sysadmin skills figure out which packaged
components are safe to use with a non-distribution-packaged OpenLDAP?
Having built a production slapd on Debian all I have is "well, worked and
didn't crash for me".

I never use distribution software for OpenLDAP except gcc. I.e., I build openssl, heimdal, cyrus-sasl, etc, all myself. And now with MDB, I no longer have to build BDB. ;)

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.