retrieve local operational attributes with translucent overlay?

Is it possible to retrieve operational attributes associated with local entries in the context of translucent overlay queries? For example, to retrieve the local entryUUID, I try something like this:

ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://localhost -LLL -b ou=people,dc=issinc,dc=com \

    -D "cn=admin,ou=people,dc=issinc,dc=com" -W \

    '(mail=steve.eckmann@issinc.com)' dn entryUUID

where the ‘mail’ attribute is remote. I get back the DN but not an entryUUID. If I specify + instead of entryUUID I get back three operational attributes: entryDN, subschemaSubentry, and hasSubordinates. If I query a purely local backend with + I get several operational attributes, including the three I want: entryUUID, createTimestamp, and modifyTimestamp.

Is there something I can put in my slapd.conf or in the search to get specific local operational attributes?

Thanks.

Steve