Re: slow replication

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Meike Stone wrote:

I've set up openldap 2.4.33 with a Master and one consumer. At the moment the full replaction takes abaout 32hours.

syncrepl really isn't intended for initial "full" loads, although it will work eventually (as you've seen). The preferred method for standing up an offline server is slapadd -q. syncrepl can then handle deltas since the LDIF was generated; this should complete fairly rapidly.

I'm of the opinion that it was significantly faster with a smaller database.

Rule of thumb, the less data to process, the less time it takes...