LMDB - growing the database

Hi,

I understand that the DB size has an upper limit set by the call to mdb_env_set_mapsize . I wonder what is the best strategy for growing the size. From what I read, the put operations of either txn or cursor may fail with the MDB_MAP_FULL error but then it is too late to change the DB size. On the other hand I didn't find in mdb_env_stat (or perhaps I didn't understand) any information suggesting how full is the DB so I can't really implement any strategy for preemptively growing the DB based on the used space.

Did I miss anything?

Cheers,
Shmul