Re: Encryption or hash for password?

Gerhardus Geldenhuis wrote:
Thanks,
I thought crypt as well... but then I would expect it to look like:
userPassword: {CRYPT}saHW9GdxihkGQ

instead slapcat generates:
userPassword:: skadfjsajf=

Two small differences: there is two :: instead of one and all of the
userPassword entries ends in =.

Read the ldif(5) manpage.

Regards

On 15 March 2013 15:19, Marot Laurent <Laurent.Marot@alliacom.com
<mailto:Laurent.Marot@alliacom.com>> wrote:

    Hello,

    Seems to be base64 encoded {crypt} password

    {crxPt}$1$I0(g7lbc$Zp/rgvZBd0eHöndgh0W3L/

    Laurent