Re: ssh with ldap authentication

On 05/03/13 19:16, Rodney Simioni wrote:
Hi,

I’m new to LDAP.  I just created a new user in LDAP and it cannot login
through ssh. It keeps prompting for the password. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Hi Rodney,

There are a million ways ssh auth can fail - bad sshd_config, bad PAM config, bad LDAP client config, LDAP server side problem.

Best to try to test the LDAP authentication first.

can you try something like (on one line)

ldapwhoami -H ldap://your.ldap.server -x -W -D uid=dude12,ou=people,dc=wh,dc=local

Enter the password when prompted and if it replies with

dn:uid=dude12,ou=people,dc=wh,dc=local

Then that bit works...

Then see if

getent passwd

on the client returns a list of uses with dude12 in.

Then post your pam configs and pam_ldap.conf and libnss_ldap.conf (or equivalent according to distro).

--
Tim Watts
Personal Blog:                          http://squiddy.blog.dionic.net/