Re: How to force password change upon account creation

Am Sun, 23 Dec 2012 17:33:38 -0600
schrieb Kyle Harris <kyle@theharrishome.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I have a perl script that allows for the creation of new accounts in
> OpenLDAP.  I am attempting to find a way to force the newly created
> user to change his or her password upon first login.  I tried setting
> the attribute pwdMustChange to TRUE but that attribute must not be
> definable upon user creation.  So, how can this be accomplished so
> that a new user is forced to change passwords after they first log on?

In your perlscript you may include Net::LDAP::Extension::SetPassword in
order to create a random password, and second you should define and
create a password policy entry that contains all relevant attribute
types. See man slapo-ppolicy(5).

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung