RE: DN matching rules

Hi,

> > > RFC 4517, section 4.
> > Thanks, but I don't see anything about these matching rules in
> > Rfc4517 section 4.
>
> Substring assertion is discussed in section 3

I'm not trying to awkward, but I don't see how that relates to my question.

I understand how to use the matching rules syntactically, but
I have not found documentation anywhere that describes how these matching rules work.

I can try out examples and/or read the openldap source code to try and deduce their behaviour, but I'd
prefer to see documentation.

Chris