Re: Ubuntu Server 12.04: StartTLS

On 11/05/12 08:29 +0100, Admus wrote:
On 11/04/2012 11:59 PM, Dan White wrote:
On 11/04/12 23:13 +0100, admus wrote:
Hello,
I'm following https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/openldap-server.html#openldap-tls-replication how to:
LDAP serwer starts correctly but when I tries to test StartTLS:
ldapsearch -x -H ldap:/// -ZZ -d -1
I gets the following error:
TLS: peer cert untrusted or revoked (0x42)
TLS: can't connect: (unknown error code).
ldap_err2string
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
   additional info: (unknown error code)
Any idea?

Your hostname will need to match the certificate you have installed. '-H
ldap:///' will, instead, need to include the hostname matching your
certificate.

For project documentation, see chapter 16 of the OpenLDAP Administrator's
Guide, slapd-config(5), ldap.conf(5), and ldapsearch(1).

ldapsearch -x -H ldap://ldap1.example.com -ZZ -d -1

Does not help, same error. CN in my certificate is ldap1.example.com.

Assuming that your OpenLDAP was compiled against GnuTLS, use the GnuTLS
tools to trouble shoot your certificate.

A google search for "peer cert untrusted or revoked (0x42)" finds users who
also received that error.

--
Dan White