Re: Problem in sync-repling multiple databases

--On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:03 AM +0100 Marco Pizzoli <marco.pizzoli@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com>
wrote:

--On Monday, October 29, 2012 8:52 AM +0100 Marco Pizzoli
<marco.pizzoli@gmail.com> wrote:

If I try to configure a second replica configration targeted directly to
(in example) to ou=ou3, then that ou get replicated.
Any help/advice is welcome.

Hi Marco,

You have not provided any useful information with which to help you, so
there is not really any advice one can offer you. ÂI.e., you have not
provided the configuration you are using on your master and replicas in
the scenario where you have multiple DBs.

You are absolutely right and I'm aware of it...
The problem is in this case I can't provide any (even similar
to)realÂconfiguration. Both from technical limitation (remote server
with no possibility of copy/paste)Âand corporate policy*.

* Continuing experimenting I found also 2 or 3 cases in which I'm able to
crash OL 2.4.33 (in one case by simply slapadding using back-mdb)Âbut I
CAN'T provide any material to file a "valid" ITS. I'm sorry about that.

Hi Marco,

Your corporate policy sounds so severe, I'm surprised you can even send email indicating you have faced any issues. Without an ability to provide useful information, I don't believe there is any way anyone can help you.

I would suggest you find a way to comply with your corporate policy while providing useful information. Since I don't know what that policy is, it is hard to know what you might do, but I'd hope you could supply your configs minus any passwords and specific schema/attrs or something (i.e., make generic configs that illustrate the issues you are facing). That's what I generally do.

If you require confidentiality, I would suggest a support agreement with Symas that includes an NDA.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.