Re: Can not build OpenLDAP with OpenSSL in custom location

Thanks for the tip Aaron.  I don't know why I didn't think to look in the config log.  I was able to trace this back to a library that was missing during my openssl build.

-Jon C. Kidder
American Electric Power
Middleware Services
614-716-4970

Aaron Richton <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu>

10/04/2012 11:38 AM

jckidder@aep.com
cc
openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject

On Thu, 4 Oct 2012, jckidder@aep.com wrote:

> checking openssl/ssl.h usability... yes
> checking openssl/ssl.h presence... yes
> checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes
> checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> checking for ssl3_accept in -lssl... no
> configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

So it found headers but couldn't link ... probably need a tweak to the
LDFLAGS. Check the relevant compilation of "conftest" (somewhere toward
the bottom of your config.log) and if it's not obvious you can try posting
that, either here or to your linker vendor, for more precise assistance.