RE: multi-master syncrepl issue

--On Tuesday, August 21, 2012 1:10 PM +0000 Chris Card <ctcard@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

In addition to the questions below (which I'd still like to see an answer
to), I have a further related question.

I now have 4 machines set up for multi-master replication of this
directory, and the contextCSNs were all in sync last week. One of the
machines was taken down for maintenance for a couple of days and has only
just come back up, so its contextCSN is way behind
(20120818093702.01462Z#000000#001#000000 compared
toÂ20120821130410.679339Z#000000#001#000000 as of now). This machine
has now been up and running for a few hours, but there's no sign of
replication catching up. Should ldap replication sort itself
outÂautomatically and bring this machine's directory in line? Or do I
need to do something manually to force it?

Do you have sync logging enabled?

In any case, with a server that large (3.5 million entries), I expect it will generally take a few months for it to catch up, since with standard syncrepl, it is going to try and refresh the entire database if it passed your sync ops log. I would strongly advise delta-syncrepl MMR instead, although that may take a significant amount of disk space for such a large DB if it is heavily active.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.