Re: Tutorial to start ldap replication ?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet@esiee.fr> wrote:

> Hello
>
> All is in the subject ! I need to start a replication server.
> Actually I run only one server and would like to start
> another one just in case the main stop/crash.
>
> Both machines runs FreeBSD , slapd is installed from
> FreeBSD ports on both machines, OpenLDAPversion is the same.
>
> Thanks for any pointers/links.

1) Understand difference between old style config and cn=config

2) Read and learn about different replication topologies.
Master-Slave, Multi-Master, Proxy.... What you need is syncrepl.

Admin guide: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html

Replication overview: search for suretec slides: OpenLDAP replication
strategies, Gavin Henry

3) Man pages. Google...

A good book: Mastering OpenLDAP (Packt publishing)
Don't trust on 'Zytrax' documentation!