Re: there is no schema by the directory

Daniel Peinado Lopez wrote:
> I use jXplore and Apache Directory Studio to manage my LDAP from Windows,
> because it´s installed in one server.
> The problem is that when I try to add users it says I have no schema.
> Apache Directory Studio creates its own schema, and I can add data. But after
> that schema disapears and I can't work with jXplorer.

A wild guess: The access control configured on the LDAP server forbids to
retrieve the subschema subentry.

Try these ACLs which give full access to rootDSE and subschema subentry:

access to dn.base="" by * read
access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read

Tweak it to satisfy your local security policy.

BTW:

1. AFAIK jxplorer is unmaintained and has some bugs when handling NAME aliases
of attribute types (e.g. 'uid' vs. 'userid'). I'd rather recommend not to use it.

2. Last time I checked Apache Directory Studio did not have support for DIT
content rules. If you don't use them it doesn't matter. But I use DIT content
rules.

Ciao, Michael.