Re: syncrepl for cn=config, changes fail with "tag=103 err=53 text=shadow context; no update referral"

On Sunday 27 May 2012 19:49:29 Patrick H. wrote:

> You need to enable MirrorMode. The official mult-master replication guide
> covers this, http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html#N-Way
> Multi-Master You are getting the error because the database thinks it is a
> slave to the other database, so it disallows local writes. MirrorMode is
> just as it sounds, both servers are 'mirrors'.

Enabling MirrorMode causes my initial cn=config seeding to fail:
4fc26d8c /tmp/slapd.conf: line 31: <MirrorMode> database is not a shadow

I've compared my config to the one in the official N-Way Multi-Master guide
but couldn't spot the relevant difference here.

The error message sounds misleading to me, suggesting one of both mirrors
should be a shadow DB while I actually want both to be equal.

Any idea? Did I miss something basic?

- Elias