Re: question on syncprov

On 25/5/2012 9:15 ÎÎ, Steve Reveliotty wrote:

I'm trying to migrate from OpenLDAP 2.3.43-12.el5_6.7 to OpenLDAP 2.4.23-20.el6.x86_6.

Can't tell you about the specific issue, but, as has been discussed numerous times in this list, avoid using the distro-provided RPMs, esp. if you are using replication.

Obviously you went from CentOS / RHEL 5 to CentOS / RHEL 6.

In any case, use a package with 2.4.31.

Copying from another thread:

    From experience, I recommend using ready-made RPMs (or building
   from SRPMs) rather than building from source. This way you can
   upgrade at will and fully control your system in a way compatible
   with RHEL/CentOS package practices.

   Of those I have worked with, I would propose you try using Symas
   Silver (excluding syncrepl providers - if you cannot afford paid
   support - otherwise check gold), or full-featured LTB project's RPMs
   (free, with on-line issue system). We use the latter.

   For example, download the latest RPMs and install, e.g. here (for
   LTB): http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap

Nick