Re: slapd keeps crashing

On 05/25/12 11:20 -0400, David Massie wrote:
Here are the versions:

openldap 2.4.31
db4.x86_64                         4.7.25-16.el6
openssl.x86_64                     1.0.0-20.el6
cyrus-sasl-lib.x86_64              2.1.23-13.el6

Will setting the logging to DEBUG provide anything?

I think that would depend on how the section of code which generates the
abort is coded. If it produces debug output just prior to calling abort,
then you should see that.

Also, I have a question  about debugging a corefile. Our production version
fo slapd does not have debug symbols compiled in. If, on a non-production
machine, we were to compile another instance, when the same libraries,
etc., but, with debugging turned on could we run gdb against the corefile
we dropped in production against this executable?

I don't know the answer to that.