Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.23 multi-master replication of the cn=config tree error: could not put entry file in place

On Friday, 11 May 2012 14:32:07 Cyril Grosjean wrote:

> On both masters, I get exactly the same result (command ran as root of

> course):

> ls -lZd /etc/openldap/slapd.d /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif

> drwx------. ldap ldap system_u:object_r:slapd_db_t:s0

> /etc/openldap/slapd.d -rw-------. ldap ldap unconfined_u:object_r:etc_t:s0

> /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config.ldif

Note carefully the SELinux context difference between the directory (which is probably correct) and the file (which probably isn't).

sealert would probably show you SELinux violations attempting to access/write to cn=config.ldif.

Regards,

Buchan