RE: ldapd vs. slapd

--On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:17 PM -0700 "Richards, Toby" <toby.richards@slo.courts.ca.gov> wrote:

Okay. I did that. I must be missing something else:

adding new entry "dc=org"
ldap_add: Server is unwilling to perform (53)
        additional info: no global superior knowledge

Google says that means I'm adding something to a domain that doesn't exist
yet. Of course it doesn't exist yet. That's why I'm adding it.

a) Please stop top posting.

b) Please re-read what I wrote about this. Clearly, you can only create a DB for what your server knows about. Look at your value for olcSuffix. That is the first entry you need to create. For example, if your olcSuffix is dc=org,dc=org, then the first entry you need to create is for dc=org,dc=org, and NOT dc=org.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.