LDAPI connection hang after slapd crashed (was: RE24 testing call #2 (2.4.31))

Michael Ströder wrote:
> 2. I have hangs in the client through python-ldap after slapd died. Not sure
> whether that's related to OpenLDAP client libs though.

This is because the Unix domain socket for the LDAPI connection is not
properly closed and removed. In this case python-ldap hangs forever and the
process has to be stopped with kill -9. Can I do something about it at the
client side?

Ciao, Michael.