RE: src rpms for 2.4.30 / RHEL 6

-----Original Message-----
From: Clément OUDOT [mailto:clem.oudot@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 11:47 AM
To: Aaron Bennett
Cc: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: src rpms for 2.4.30 / RHEL 6

Le 16 mars 2012 15:57, Aaron Bennett <abennett@clarku.edu> a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> For a number of reasons, I wanted to package OpenLDAP 2.4.30 for RHEL 6.
> If anyone's interested, you can get my package here.
>
> http://wordpress.clarku.edu/abennett/2012/03/16/openldap-src-rpms-for-
> rhel-6/

You can also find these RPMs on LDAP Tool Box project, but with a specific init script and DB 4.6 :
http://ltb-project.org/wiki/download#openldap

----

Hi everyone --

I just want to make it clear that the SRPMS I posted are not the same as the LTB ones.  Some differences are:

	- built against DB 5.1.29 (latest supported version identified in OpenLDAP release notes)
	- uses RH-supplied init script
	- start script sources /etc/sysconfig/ldap
	- only binaries and libraries are in /usr/local; manpages go into system manpath
	- configuration directory remains /etc/openldap
	- data directory remains /var/lib/ldap

My point in building this was to keep the system as close to a baseline RHEL 6 machine as possible, with everything in the location that someone experience with RHEL will expect things.

Best,

Aaron Bennett

---
Aaron Bennett