RE: Help tweaking settings so slapd is not writing to disk so much

The filesystem is already mounted with no atime.(but it is a vmware
guest, with ide drive this still needs to be fixed)

I read the slapd-bdb man page and I get now that slapd's conf is
complementing the DB_CONFIG file. But with setting this  olcDbShmKey to
1 (removed it from DB_CONFIG). I am not seeing the slapd process
constantly in iotop -o. Why is it not good to set this?

I also enabled dovecot auth caching and nscd