Re: Mozilla NSS -- how to deploy intermediate certificate

Rich Megginson wrote:
On 02/24/2012 01:31 PM, Aaron Bennett wrote:

On other oddity about this is there are two boxes in play -- one's hostname is 'animal.clarku.edu' and the other is 'zoot.clarku.edu'; they are round-robin'd behind the hostname 'ds.clarku.edu.' However the cert I have installed on each box is for ds.clarku.edu.

Not sure how this works with openldap - the usual way to handle this is
to use subjectAltName so that the server's cert has animal.clarku.edu
zoot.clarku.edu and ds.clarku.edu

That's already documented here:
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/tls.html

Obviously there is a standard for it and we implement that spec.

--
  -- Howard Chu