RE: 2.4.28 cn=config replication trouble

--On Thursday, February 02, 2012 1:02 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, February 02, 2012 3:37 PM -0500 Aaron Bennett
<abennett@clarku.edu> wrote:

But I can make changes to one machine and see them go to the other, and
the syncrepl lines are clearly not asking for sasl.

All binds are SASL binds.  You're probably using SASL SIMPLE, which most
people don't think of as "SASL" when compared to things like SASL GSSAPI
or SASL DIGEST-MD5.

Let me correct that. All binds use the ldap_sasl_bind_s function, but a simple bind isn't specifically a SASL bind. In any case, your consumer clearly is unable to bind to the master to replicate one of the configurations you've configured, most likely for the cn=config replication bit, given that the bind DN for it is cn=config.

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.