Re: DEL don't get synced

Hi all,
last time I answered Quanah's testing call I simply downloaded the tgz from gitweb and then compiled as usual.

This is the link I can find on gitweb:
http://www.openldap.org/devel/gitweb.cgi?p=openldap.git;a=snapshot;h=refs/heads/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4;sf=tgz

Hope this helps
Marco

2012/2/1 Michael StrÃder <michael@stroeder.com>
Nick Milas wrote:
On 1/2/2012 12:19 ÎÎ, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

Any direction on how to test the build and to check out the branch in order
to run the tests ?

Can someone provide a current source code (2.4 Branch) build as a .tgz?

Or, can someone provide directions on how we can do it from OpenLDAP git
repository? (This would be a more complex scenario.)

I'm not an git expert. But here's what I did following some git cookbooks:

$ mkdir /tmp/openldap-git
$ cd /tmp/openldap-git
$ git clone git://git.openldap.org/openldap.git
$ cd openldap

You now have a clone of the whole repository including all branches with the default branch set to 'master'. You have to switch the active branch to RE24.

Clean up everything left over from a previous build *before* switching a branch:

$ make distclean

List all available branches:

$ git branch -a
michael@nb2:/tmp/openldap-git-re24/openldap> git branch -a
* master
Â[..snipped..]
Âremotes/origin/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4
Â[..snipped..]

# Switch branch giving it a local name 're24':

$ git checkout -b re24 remotes/origin/OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4
Branch re24 set up to track remote branch OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4 from origin.
Switched to a new branch 're24'

Check which branch is active:

$ git branch
Âmaster
* re24

Especially you now see the file CHANGES which contains the release history within the 2.4.x release series.

Ciao, Michael.

Non à forte chi non cade, ma chi cadendo ha la forza di rialzarsi.
          Jim Morrison