Re: Back-Shell and binary attribute

Hi,

in fact, problem is worse : backend (perl and/or shell) receives truncated binary field.

Any ideas ?

Thks

llg

Le 20/01/2012 12:44, llg a écrit :
Hi,

I'm trying to develop a back_shell to intercept modifications and I got difficulties with binary attributes on modify operations (userCertificate to be exact).

My input ldif contains userCertificate in Base 64 written like : userCertificate;binary:: XXXXXXXXXX

The shell begins with printing input attributes via a logger : logger -t "$0" "$@"

When we call the shell via ldapadd command, output is OK, but with ldap_modify command, output seems to have been decoded and the shell received binary data.

Same problem with : < file:/// syntax in ldif.

If we send this ldif directly to our ldap instance, modification is OK.

Any ideas ?

Thks

LLG

PS : same problem with back_perl