Re: slapadd not allowed on first database

Kwasi,

Kwasi Gyasi - Agyei schrieb (25.01.2012 05:13 Uhr):

I'm trying to migrate data using openldap migrations tools, however I keep get error below which I don't understand. I don;t even know where ldap is getting the second database from cause I don;t have that defined anywhere slapd.conf has only one database.

Error:

The first database does not allow slapadd; using the first available one (2)
This is not your problem. The first database is cn=config, which is what chris says.

slapadd: line 1: database #2 (dc=my-domain,dc=com) not configured to hold "dc=4things,dc=co,dc=za"; no database configured for that naming context
This is your problem. While dc=4things,dc=co,dc=za is in your slapd.conf, this is not used at all. This is where cn=config comes back into play. It is used instead of slapd.conf. Check how you slapd is started.

Marc