How to setup bindmethod=sasl

Hello All,

I need to setup the encrypted password for replicator user in the slapd.conf

Currently we have setup the replication process, however it is using:

bindmethod=simple
credentials=[password]

But the requirement is like: that we want to specify encrypted password at credentials column.

I know this can be achieved with bindmethod=sasl etc.

I tried lot but got stuck with some or the other thing and ends up getting error at last.

Can we have some document explaining step-by-step how to achieve it? Or some document putting more light on this issue?

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Gaurav Gugnani

Version of OpenLdap - 2.4.26