Re: misconfigured read-only replica causes master slapd to crash

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 08:02:25PM -0800, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Seems to be the same like ITS#6928:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=6928

Yes, that's the identical server failure and a similar cause, a
malfunctioning client.

It seems at least possible whatever connections/queries/operations that
are occuring during these replica failure issues that accidentally kill
the server could be intentionally performed by a malicious client, which
would be a DoS security issue in OpenLDAP.

We have a test environment in which we can reproduce this server crash
at will, and would be happy to provide whatever additional data or
assistance is required to diagnose and resolve the underlying issue.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson@csupomona.edu