Re: ACL Problem

On Friday, 23 December 2011 11:05:17 Selcuk Yazar wrote:
> My problem is about Redhat :(

No.

OpenLDAP supports a new configuration method. It seems you haven't read any
documentation about it.

RHEL6 defaults to using this configuration method, but you don't *have* to use
it.

> if I wantto apply slapd.conf changes, i must run
>
> /bin/rm -rf /etc/openldap/slapd.d/*

If at this point you restart slapd, it will just use slapd.conf ...

> /usr/sbin/slaptest -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d

But this step is supposed to be a one-time conversion, assuming you have a
'database config' statement, which has a 'rootpw' option, you should be able
to edit your configuration and have changes applied immediately, without
restarting slapd, by using e.g. ldapmodify (or any GUI tool) by modifying the
entries under cn=config.

Please at least read 'man slapd-config' rather than continuing. Either edit
slapd.conf, and don't use cn=config, or only use cn=config, and never edit
configuration files.

Regards,
Buchan