Re: Seemingly broken database

--On Friday, December 09, 2011 8:44 PM +0100 Peter Mogensen <apm@one.com> wrote:

On 2011-12-09 20:40, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
4.8.26 was pulled by Oracle. The only version available for download is
4.8.30. I would advise updating BDB as a first step.

I have actually reproduced what I suspect is the same problem (it's the
same entries affected anyway) with an installation upgraded to 4.8.30:
http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=6491

Also, confirming you are using back-bdb not back-hdb as your backend?

Yes... it's back-bdb, not hdb

Ok. Interesting both that ITS and your report are using BDB 4.8. I've used BDB 4.7 with patches for DBs with many millions of entries without ever hitting this problem.

If you have a test server to try and reproduce this, can you try BDB 4.7.25+patches from Oracle instead of 4.8?

Sr. Member of Technical Staff
Zimbra, Inc
A Division of VMware, Inc.