Rewrite inside a database backend ?

Hello,

I was trying to enable rewrite of partial DN inside a database backend context, but I would like to not add a specific context for this rewrite. Slapo-rwm's man says that this overlay is intended for back-ldap and back-meta, but doesn't say it is restricted to these backends.

Is this possible ?

Let me explain and give some more details of what I would like to do :

My context is : "dc=example,dc=local", which is stored inside a back-bdb (or back-hdb). User Objects would be added by client such as : uid=AA0000000,ou=users,dc=example,dc=local But, I would like to store these objects as : uid=AA0000000,ou=AA,ou=users,dc=example,dc=local

So my rewriting configuration lines would be like :
rwm-rewriteContext addDN
rwm-rewriteRule "^uid=(..)([^,]+),ou=users,dc=example,dc=local$" "^uid=$1$2,ou=$1,ou=users,dc=example,dc=local$" ":"

I know that the main purpose of adding one level of OU may not be very elegant, but it could be useful in the future for being able to partition the directory.

Sincerely yours, Mathieu.

--
Mathieu MILLET
mailto:ldap@htam.net