Re: Patching openldap?

On Saturday, 8 October 2011 00:01:07 NetNinja wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM, NetNinja <2bitninja@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm sorry about that. I was reading in the book "Solaris 10 System
> > Administration Essential" and it says on pg 365 that the openldap server
> > needs to be patched so that the ldapclient init utility will configure
> > properly.

This would not be related to running OpenLDAP on Solaris, but to catering to
the brokenness of Solaris' ldapclient, regardless of whether the OpenLDAP
server runs on Linux or any other platform.

I am not sure about Solaris 10, but for Solaris 9, if you wanted to use this
method of configuring ldapclient, you need your LDAP server to return all
operational attributes when the client doesn't request them (which, according
to RFCs, it should do).

The 'allop' overlay in contrib should do this for you.

> > Most stuff I have read say I need to add these two schemas,
> > solaris and DUAConfigProfile.
> >
> > Anyway I'm having issues getting the Solaris servers to work right with
> > the openldap server I installed on a RHEL 5.5 box. The servers can see
> > the data when I do a search and a Id but I can't login with the ldap
> > accouts.

ldapclient has some issues, good luck.

Regards,
Buchan