pcache template doesn't allow negative assertions?

OpenLDAP version 2.4.23

Negative assertions don't appear to work in pcacheTemplate filter
expressions.  Is this intentional?

line 435 (pcacheTemplate (!(globalOff=)) 0 900)
/local/etc/openldap/proxy/slapd.conf: line 435: unable to parse template: AttributeDescription contains inappropriate characters.
slaptest: bad configuration file!

Works fine without the negative assertion.

-

Somewhat related question.  I'm attempting to use pcache to expedite the
application of a filter expression used in an ACL context (ldap
backend).  I haven't done this before.  Does pcache work for this
purpose?  e.g.

access to dn.sub="ou=email" filter="(!(globalOff=))"

(this is a simplification of what I'm really doing, for illustrative
purposes only).

--
Ron Peterson
Network & Systems Administrator