Re: OpenLDAP Stable?

--On Saturday, July 30, 2011 11:28:11 AM -0300 Friedrich Locke <friedrich.locke@gmail.com> wrote:

I am running the lastest openldap version considered stable, AFAIK: 2.4.23.
But it has simple problems about memory usage (ITS 6660).
How may openldap project consider such release as a stable version?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think that is the question that you intended to ask because
just above the download links on the OpenLDAP web site I read:

  The OpenLDAP Software stable release is the last release which has
  proven through general use to be the most reliable release
  available. OpenLDAP-2.4.23, as of 20100719, is considered stable.

Looking back our build history I don't see that I ever applied that
patch to 2.4.23 and we have been running it in production for over a
year now.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister
Infrastructure Delivery Group, Stanford University