Re: cn=config configuration method

On 28/07/2011 17:25, Daniel Qian wrote:

What I found out about Redhat cn=config is every time you ldadadd/ldapmodify to the database, it automatically updates the relevant ldif on filesystem. Editing .ldif files and restart openldap still works but you will get flamed here :)

Yes - I finally discovered the relevant (redhat) documentation recommending _not_ to manually edit the ldif files directly. Reason given - too easy to make a mistake and then it won't work at all.

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey
NetSecSpec Ltd