RE: autofs wild cards

Hi Cris,

> My auto.home has "*  host:/export/&" for user directories. When I use
> the automount migration tool the * is changed to / and I get the error:
> adding new entry "cn=/,ou=auto.home,dc=domain,dc=com"
> ldapadd: Naming violation (64)
>              additional info: value of naming attribute 'cn' is not
> present in entry
>
> Is there a way to get the wild card to work or do I need to enter each
> user instead of using a wild card?

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I didn't see any responses.  I used the LDIFs below to construction my automount OUs and for a wildcarded /home automount configuration.

dn: ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: automount

dn: ou=auto.master,ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com
ou: auto.master
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap

dn: cn=/home,ou=auto.master,ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: automount
automountInformation: ldap:ldap.domain.com:ou=auto.home,ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com --timeout 300
cn: /home

dn: ou=auto.home,ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com
ou: auto.home
objectClass: top
objectClass: automountMap

dn: cn=/,ou=auto.home,ou=automount,dc=domain,dc=com
objectClass: automount
automountInformation: -rw,hard,intr nfsserv.domain.com:/export/home/&
cn: /

Regards,
James