[Date Prev][Date Next]
slapd is pinned at 100% utilization
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: slapd is pinned at 100% utilization
- From: Bryce Powell <Bryce.Powell@TELUS.COM>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:25:55 -0600
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Content-language: en-US
- Domainkey-signature: s=donder.nssi; d=telus.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Filtered: X-IronPort-Anti-Spam-Result:X-IronPort-AV:Received: Received:From:To:Date:Subject:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index: Message-ID:Accept-Language:Content-Language: X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:acceptlanguage: Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=B9vQGsCCxvYDncptjqIicfIeM+nhWzDOMyzYlHH0UZay2fDrcKx0QgOP Ay2r2185pIENKlppu1rwd10TWmN3tgqOsD3QttVy1EJICvqBAnYd9Bj64 VwFROxT5x8HywJo9F7Pv0LRcAbJyZY12ASryLV3KxNbHWf+phSksfpaJ0 Y=;
- Thread-index: Acwrmm2VSLCITSE5SN+RFB2MBMFPRQ==
- Thread-topic: slapd is pinned at 100% utilization
I have two OpenLDAP 2.4.11 servers, using BDB 4.6.21 (Patches 18.104.22.168 & 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199 applied), hosted on CentOS 5.2, setup for multi-master replication. Works great except that every couple of
months either one of the slapd servers will pin the CPU at 100%. Requests continue to be served without any noticeable degradation in response, and no discernable errors in the LDAP logs.
I see the forums frequently mention CPU utilization issues, but most of the time this seems to be related to non-indexed queries, which I don’t believe is the cause in this case.
Restarting slapd resolves the issue, temporarily …
Any suggestions would be appreciated.