Re: Client App and STARTLS auth

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Massimiliano Pala wrote:
> that's not really what I wanted.. I am developing my own ldap client and
> I wanted to know what is the code path to set the option.
>
> I tried to use the following:
>
> ldap_set_option(ld, LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_REQUIRE_CERT, "never")
>
> but it always fails ( != 0).

Howard has already pointed out that the value must be an LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_*
constant and not a string; I just wanted to add that in version 2.3 and
earlier, that option (and most of the other TLS options) could only be set
globally: ldap_set_option() would fail for them if the first argument
wasn't NULL.  So, make sure you're building against a current version.

Philip Guenther