Re: back-sql configuration

On 05/30/2011 01:00 PM, Chris Card wrote:

I am trying to set up openldap to use back-sql and mysql (currently
on Fedora 14 with packages openldap-servers-sql-2.4.23-4.fc14.x86_64,
openldap-2.4.23-4.fc14.x86_64, openldap-clients-2.4.23-4.fc14.x86_64,
openldap-servers-2.4.23-4.fc14.x86_64).

Is it true that to do this openldap must use the old slapd.conf
method rather than the newer dynamic configuration method using
slapd.d?

Yes.

I can get back-sql working using config from
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf, but when I try to create the equivalent
config under slapd.d I can't see any where to put the equivalent of
dbname, subtree_cond etc., and I see a warning "No dynamic config
support for database sql".

This is exactly telling you that back-sql does not support dynamic configuration.

If it *is* true that slapd.conf must be used for back-sql config, can
openldap use slapd.conf and slapd.d config at the same time, or must
all the openldap config come from slapd.conf?

All configuration must come from slapd.conf.

p.