Re: Local home directory with ADS LDAP authentication

Can you give me some details of this ?

I do not want to mess up a working authentication mechanism if I can avoid it.

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 09:51 -0500, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> The client is an OpenSuSE 11.2 machine that has a nss_ldap installed
> (along with pam_ldap). The IT folks also installed a binary-only
> module that permits the authentication to the University LDAP server.
> That is why I am using an old version of OpenSuSE.

You could give nss-pam-ldapd a try and copy the config from nss_ldap and
pam_ldap. It has a fancy syntax to overwrite certain attributes. E.g.
you could give all LDAP users a local home directory with
 map passwd homeDirectory /home/CAMPUS/$uid

You can keep using pam_ldap if you like. Information about home
directories, user names, etc are provided by the NSS module, the PAM
module is responsible for authentication and password change.

--
-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org --